Eat With our Eyes
It’s no secret that we “eat with our eyes” first. In fact, it’s the basis for gourmet menu.
At Reggio Emilia Early Learning Centre, we are committed to providing the best start for all our children.We believe creating healthy eating habits is essential in developing a child’s life long health & wellbeing while also developing healthy and happy children.
Children gathering to eat and drink is also a terrific opportunity for social & language development. Educators create and environment which is relaxed and inviting – one of the reasons why we encourage tasting plates & finger foods. They will also assist children with self-help skills & encourage proper hygiene practices.
Created as a 6 week rotating menu, our menu has been developed by our qualified dietitian Victoria Lee and caters for your child’s nutritional needs as top priority. Our Menu is consistent with the NSW Dietary Guidelines, providing 70% of a child’s daily nutritional intake as advised by the Australian Dietary Guidelines and the National Quality Framework (NQF).
Reggio Emilia Early Learning Centre provides 4 meals throughout the course of a regular day from 7:30am – 6:00pm. These are:
- Morning Tea
- Afternoon Tea
- Late Snack
- Water is available for children at all times throughout the course of the day, which children are encouraged to drink – especially in hot weather.
Educators will encourage your child to learn about food, where it comes from and why eating healthy makes us feel good and why good nutrition is essential for growing bodies.
We understand that each child is different, therefore we cater to a wide variety of special needs:
- Because of the specific needs of younger children who require the introduction of solids, our menu also caters for children aged 6 months.
- Our qualified Chef can cater specifically for children with Allergies & food intolerances such as egg, nuts, dairy and coeliac disease.
- Our Gourmet Menu also caters for vegetarian and cultural options.
- Reggio Emilia Early Learning Centre is a Nut Free & Egg Free Centre
- Every effort is made to ensure that we keep nuts out of our Reggio Centres to assist in protecting children from allergic reactions.
- We ask that families not to bring in food from home. We need to protect all children with dietary or allergy requirements, and many people are unaware that of some ingredients which may endanger the health of other children.
- Our centres provide Halal products and do not provide any form Pork or Pork products.
- Individual needs will be catered for by our qualified Chefs along with regular snacks and meal times in the daily schedule.
Each day in our child care centre children will receive:
The gourmet menu is designed to provide a variety of different foods throughout the child care week and meets all food groups and daily requirement needs of the children. We provide a multicultural gourmet menu; any recipes from your family culture are always.
Our Gourmet menu caters for children with allergies and specific cultural beliefs. All meats are Halal and no pork products are served. Vegetarian options are also available.
Establishing healthy eating habits at a young age will go a long way in protecting your child from childhood obesity and the associated health problems, ensuring they grow into strong, fit young adults. We see this as an important life skill and implement healthy eating habits into our daily child care routines and have lots of opportunities within our child care centres for children to cook including making birthday cakes.